Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sophie... The Fish Killer


The events in this post happened April 28, 2008... I almost needed to engrave that date into a headstone.....


Oh, I'm so mad at Sophie.
That kid this week.... she's gonna drive.me.mad.

She asked to go play with Barbies in her sister's room. I was checking emails and grabbed a few minutes on SS. I said fine, just pick up what you play with.

A few minutes later (5-10 at the most), I went downstairs to check on her. I thought she was watching Alvin and the Chipmunks. I walked into the living room and she was hiding something behind her back. I noticed the open gallon of milk on the couch and told her not to open the milk and that I would get her some if she asked. I was looking for the lid and asked her where she put it. "Over there" she said, without pointing, hands still behind her back. "WHERE? Show me" I said. She didn't move just said over there. I asked her what she was hiding. "Nothing." I pulled her away from the couch and looked in her hands. I didn't notice it at first. My brain trying to process what she was holding. Then it hit me and I let out a scream!! OMG! She had Bella's
goldfish in her fat little hands! It was not moving and I'm screaming at her. I grab a cup and filled it with water, slipped the fish in and ran upstairs to the tank. It's moving, but barely. Poor thing is fighting to stay on the bottom but he keeps floating to the top.

I'm so sad. I don't think he'll make it. We really enjoy him. For a fish, he's funny. Mooch is his name b/c every time we walk into the room, he's trying like mad to get to where we stand. BEGGING for food! No matter where we walk, he follows. He's happy when he eats I think it's hilarious!

I put the little fish killer in her room and she's been there for about 30 minutes. I can't let her out... I'm still mad. She's been told to leave the fish alone. Several times.

UGH!
I think a final swim in the toilet bowl is in our near future!

Poor thing.

1 comment:

Controlling My Chaos said...

How tragic. I'm not a fish fan though. I keep telling the girls they can't have any pets that poop in their cages or their water bowls. Ick. Maybe Sophie just wanted to hold the fish and she didn't realize that it wouldn't live out of water. Who knows with kids. Poor thing.